Low pay, the pressures of work, and caring for children and elderly relatives have put families under increasing pressure.
Labour will support families’ living standards and ensure that we deliver the world-class health and education services that families rely on. And we will go further to support families, to help families with childcare and support families who have a new baby. Please read more:
- We will extend free childcare for working parents of three- and four-year-olds from 15 to 25 hours a week.
- We will introduce a legal guarantee for parents of access to wraparound childcare from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. through their local primary school.
- For the first time, all women in labour will be guaranteed personalised one-to-one care from a midwife. This means a midwife will be able to give full commitment to the woman all the time she is in labour.
- We will double paid paternity leave, extending its length from two to four weeks and ensuring more families can take up their entitlement by increasing the level of paternity pay from £140 to more than £260 a week.
- We will require Sure Start centres to offer childcare, opening up an extra 50,000 childcare places to families. And by ensuring that our children’s centres are used, we will help them to fulfil their role as hubs for family services in the community.
- We will underpin the guarantee of wraparound childcare with a new not-for-profit National Primary Childcare Service, matching primary schools with talented volunteers to increase the delivery of affordable and high quality extracurricular activities before and after school.
For more please visit:
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with